EV3 .NET?

May 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I use NXT .NET and am controlling NXT by Kinect.
Although EV3 is put on the market, is there any corresponding plan?
Nov 6, 2013 at 1:33 AM
I was not an NXT user (simply because I had not started the robotics part of my tech life yet), but I am now an EV3 user, and have been a .NET user for over 10 years. I have been looking for a way to use .NET with EV3 ever since I got it. Although I had come across NXT.NET, I have hesitated to use it for the following reasons:
  1. When using third-party utilities and/or classes, I like to have either a new version when a new version of the product I am using it with is released or be able to see the actual source code
  2. Because I am making Windows Store apps for Windows 8.1, which did not exist when NXT.NET was created, I want an updated version that uses the Windows.Devices.Bluetooth namespace
But what I would really like would be more documentation from LEGO about the technical specifications of EV3 and the Direct Commands so that I can write my own classes. I am not asking for Lego to give me any .NET code, I just want the documentation necessary about what information to send to and is received from EV3 so that I can write my own classes.